One night, I literally dreamed about buttery Hollandaise sauce over Eggs Florentine. When I woke up, I just knew I had to come up with a Sattvic variation. So here it is:
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for at least 10 minutes or over night if you are planning ahead
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Blend in a food processor or blender
- Serve over skillet of veggies: Potatoes, sweet potato, carrots, peppers, green beans, zucchini, etc.
- Veggies can be roasted in the oven or pan fried
- Other options for sauce use: use as a vegan pizza sauce, or creamy salad dressing
- Tiffany Cheung
More About Me and Sattva Recipes:
What I have learned from the Sattva practice is to always reflect and ask "Why?" In February 2017, I moved from deep freeze Alberta winter to eternal summer in the Caribbean. At first, it felt amazing!! And then my body was like "wow, we're staying?". It was a bit of a shock to the system. My skin broke out, I had a tough time sleeping and my throat felt dry and scratchy. So, I decided to listen to my body and do a bit of a reset on my system by cleansing. I am very thankful for the support of the Sattva Online community, as it has kept me grounded to my practice. My hope is to share my journey and creations with you and be a resource of information. What I have to offer is just a simple base of ingredients and directions . So remember to tune into your own taste and, texture preferences and be creative.