For cleansing, please remember that you always have a choice of what degree you would like to take your cleanse. The rules are not hard and fast. So when it comes to the rice paper wrappers the typical ingredients are: rice flour, tapioca flour, salt and water. For me, these are fairly simple ingredients and fit into where I am at with my cleansing practice right now. For others, rice paper wraps may be seen as too processed. The choice is yours, choose your own adventure!
Inside Filling Options/Ingredients:
- Shredded carrots
- cucumber, peppers
- kale, mango
- avocado, cilantro
- Thai mint
Ingredients for Avocado Sesame Sauce:
- 1/2 avacado
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon gluten free Tamari
- Optional: hot chilli oil
- Mash avocado and mix additional ingredients in.
• When working with the rice paper, slightly wet the plate you are going to wrap your salad rolls on to prevent it from sticking to the plate. When dipping rice paper it just needs a quick 5 second in and out. The rice paper will continue to soften as there is moisture from the plate and vegetables you are adding in.
• The water that you are dipping the rice paper just needs to be warm, not boiling hot
• Roll salad rolls like a burrito, fold two sides in and then roll. Wet the edge to seal as needed
• If you are going to pack salad rolls up or "pre-make" them, place a wet paper towel on top in the container
• Salad roll get together: One of the challenges with cleansing is that I realized how social going out to eat can be. Having people over for a salad roll get together is GREAT because for your none cleansing friends, they can easily bring meat or seafood options for themselves to add in.
- Tiffany Cheung
More About Me and Sattva Recipes:
What I have learned from the Sattva practice is to always reflect and ask "Why?" In February 2017, I moved from deep freeze Alberta winter to eternal summer in the Caribbean. At first, it felt amazing!! And then my body was like "wow, we're staying?". It was a bit of a shock to the system. My skin broke out, I had a tough time sleeping and my throat felt dry and scratchy. So, I decided to listen to my body and do a bit of a reset on my system by cleansing. I am very thankful for the support of the Sattva Online community, as it has kept me grounded to my practice. My hope is to share my journey and creations with you and be a resource of information. What I have to offer is just a simple base of ingredients and directions . So remember to tune into your own taste and, texture preferences and be creative.